Welcome to Longdon Hall School
Thank you so much for your interest in our school. We lead a great team of professionals who are committed to providing a caring, structured learning environment in which all pupils can develop academically, socially, emotionally and morally to their full potential.
Our staff have a relentless determination to help every child who comes through the doors to succeed. We tell our children that it’s not what they’ve done in the past, but what they’ll do in the future that’s important. Our expectations are very high for both behaviour and achievement, because we know that we can help children make much more progress than they would within a mainstream school environment.
With this in mind, we recognise that for many of our children the journey of education so far has been far from easy, which is why we think creatively about our approach to learning. We know each child well enough to be able to set ambitious, realistic targets and put in place a personalised education plan and support that is right for them.
We love nothing more than celebrating the achievements of our young people and take time to acknowledge the progress they make. We are delighted that 100 per cent of students who leave us after Year 11 go on to further education, with many exceeding their own expectations. Due to this tremendous success and the on-going hard work of our team, we are proud to have been recognised as an Outstanding school by Ofsted.
Take a tour of Longdon Hall School
Our vision is to offer a personalised learning experience whilst addressing a complex range of barriers to learning, including social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and associated conditions including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, oppositional defiance disorder and a range of autistic spectrum disorders. We will meet the needs of the most vulnerable young people and will equip them with the necessary skills for life through differentiated learning and intervention support.
Our vision is to help each young person to maximise their potential, to promote their self-esteem and well being and to become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens with a fundamental understanding of British values including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Our Vision is reflected in the Longdon Hall School motto – feel safe, feel joyful, feel inspired
We aim to achieve our vision through 3 key areas of delivery:
- Personalised and engaging curriculum delivered in a therapeutic learning environment
- Effective, planned support with families and carers
- To focus on developing skills for life and to prepare pupils for their next life stage
- To meet the specific individual, social, emotional and learning needs of each individual through the delivery of a flexible, creative and engaging curriculum
- To deliver a service based on a person centred approach focussing on developing self esteem and wellbeing set within the context of a safe, therapeutic and nurturing learning environment
- To encourage young people to explore how they think and how they behave through provision of a variety of therapeutic inputs including psychology, mental health specialists, speech and language therapist, occupational therapists, cognitive behaviour therapists, counsellors, art and play therapists
- To promote and maintain the highest standards of behaviour and to achieve excellence in education and curriculum delivery
- To support families and carers through close working partnership